[mythtv-users] ltsp and myth 0.23

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 07:22:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I got my supply of Revos in, and have ltsp up and running, and
> all is well.
>
> I just have a quick question regarding the frontend setup.  Is there a
> way to have myth use a *generic* profile for these?  I have 4 of these
> frontends going in, and while everything works after I go through
> setup on each frontend, I was wondering of there was some sort of
> "template" I could enable since all of them are identical?  I do not
> mind setting them all up individually, but for future upgrades, etc -
> is there a way to make all of the frontends use a certain config?
>
> Thanks

My best guess:

1. set up frontend with hostname, say, revo1

2. extract from the database all entries in the SETTINGS table where
HOSTNAME=revo1 and pipe it to a file

3. change each instance of revo1 in that file to revo2

4. insert in the database settings table the amended file

5 rinse and repeat

I am sure Mike will leap in if this is the wrong approach, and there
may be a couple of other tables with host specific settings.