[mythtv-users] Help choosing new tuner.

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 23:03:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 14:42 -0700, David Lasker wrote:
> You might want to try a Hauppauge HVR-1600. It is a PCI card with 1 analog
> plus 1 digital tuner.

I have the same card.  On occasion, the audio fails on the analog
tuner connected to my cable box.  Please see:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600#Missing_audio_for_analog_recordings

In my case, an analog recording treats me to (hard to put in text) a
1/4 second zzzzzzzip every 2 seconds.  I'm making the times up, but
they're in the ballpark.  I'd estimate this has happened 3 times this
year.

I use the digital tuner for over-the-air ATSC recording, which is
usually good. Pixelization happens mostly on CBS (RF channel 12,
last time I looked.)

Bill