[mythtv-users] HDhomerun antenna borked

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Aug 15 14:16:46 UTC 2010

I am attempting to get my HDHomerun tuners working again. I have one
tuner connected to Comcast QAM, the other to an antenna. The QAM tuner
is working fine, but I can't get channels on the antenna to tune
properly. I'm thinking that I might have to go through the whole channel
scanning process again, but since this requires a painstaking manual
process after the scan, I don't want to do that unless I have reason to
believe it is necessary.

What I see now when I fire up live TV is that I never get a picture or
sound; it hangs displaying

Signal XX% (TI__) No Lock

where XX is always 98% or better. When it is in this state, I can change
to another channel but the behavior appears to be the same on all
channels I have tried.

Is this a known issue, or is it likely that a rescan is needed? If this
were the QAM tuner I would assume that Comcast had moved my channels
around again, but OTA it is unlikely that things have changed much if at
all. I am running trunk as of yesterday morning, and I have done several
svn updates since this last worked.

--Greg