[mythtv-users] Firewire Recording via RNG-110 not working

allan6344 allan6344 at live.com
Sun Aug 15 20:51:42 UTC 2010

  I had the same experience yesterday using FC13 with the RNG110.   Once
I made sure it worked direct to the TV (required a call to Comcast).   I
followed the Firewire wiki, plugreport worked, test_mpeg2 worked, file
played with VLC, channel change with 6200ch worked, mythbackend setup
detected but mythfrontend tuner status always showed error.  After much
frustration,  I stopped and restarted the mythbackend service from the
gnome admin - services menu.   It may have been a coincidence but it's
working great now.