[mythtv-users] Firewire Recording via RNG-110 not working

Jens Holzhaeuser Jens.Holzhaeuser at gmx.net
Mon Aug 16 12:09:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 01:51:42PM -0700, allan6344 wrote:
>                                                                    After much frustration,  I
> stopped and restarted the mythbackend service from the gnome admin - services menu.   It may
> have been a coincidence but it's working great now.

Don't you hate when that happens? ;-)

No such much luck here, I've restarted backend and computer a couple of times,
(also upgraded to kernel 2.6.35.2 while I was at it, but not because of this
problem). mythbackend always gets stopped/started automatically or manually
via the packaged /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend script as root.

	Jens