[mythtv-users] Purge Guide data of Porn titles

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:26:01 UTC 2010

On 16 August 2010 17:13, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com
>> <mailto:Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    On Mythbuntu 10.04
>>    I had DishTV installed last week, added it as a lineup in
>>    Schedules Direct and did not edit the channels immediately. So
>>    when Mythfill ran it grabbed the titles of every porn movie coming
>>    up on those Dish channels and populated my guide. I've since
>>    edited those channels out of the lineup and that seems to have
>>    removed them from the on-screen guide and the Movies list but they
>>    are still in the Program Finder where shows are listed by their
>>    first letter.
>>    I'd rather not wait 10 more days for them to roll off. I have
>>    young daughters that really should not see some of these titles.
>>
>>    Is there a command that I can use to purge that file?
>>

>> When I've had the problem in the past, the easiest way was to truncate the
>> program using "TRUNCATE TABLE program" in your favorite SQL client and then
>> run mythfilldatabase again with the correct schedules direct lineup.
>>
>> Kevin
>
> That is beyond my current abilities. I have an idea of what SQL is (a
> database) but I have never done anything like this. It may be time to Google
> and learn, I suppose. Unless someone knows a simpler way.
> Can I just "cat /dev/nul > some_file"?

Is this your only video source defined in mythtv-setup?

If it is, stop mythbackend, open mythtv-setup and choose the Delete
All Video Sources option from the Video Sources page. This will
truncate all listings tables for you (and is the supported way of
doing what you want). Then, create a new video source with your SD
details, reconnect it to your capture input(s) on the Input
Connections page, and you should be sorted after running
mythfilldatabase to repopulate MythTV with guide data.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott