[mythtv-users] libmythbluray-related segfaults (with backtraces)

Noah Knowles bodhileok at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 00:58:46 UTC 2010

Hi, for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting two types of
segfaults when watching movies in decrypted BDMV directory structures.
The corresponding m2ts files play fine-- these seem to be
libmythbluray issues.

First, when trying to start some movies (eg, the first five Harry
Potter movies), I always get an immediate segfault (full bt attached
as gdb_bdmv_start.txt):

0xb7d5fe97 in clpi_lookup_spn (cl=0xb5f4f30, timestamp=524280,
before=1, stc_id=0 '\000') at bdnav/clpi_parse.c:434
434        spn = (entry->coarse[ii].spn_ep & ~0x1FFFF) + entry->fine[jj].spn_ep;
Actually, this occurs for me as far back as r25231 (I haven't looked
before that). Possibly it's always been there and is showing up now
because I just got these movies.

Second, when exiting any BDMV movie, I always get a segfault (full bt
in gdb_bdmv_exit.txt):

0xb7d5a5ee in hdmv_vm_free (p=0x0) at hdmv/hdmv_vm.c:241
241        mobj_free(p->movie_objects);
I was able to track this one down to changeset 25523.

This is on a fresh, up-to-date install of Kubuntu 10.04 (32-bit
2.6.32-24-generic-pae), with NVidia driver 256.35,  running trunk. I
didn't file as bugs yet since I assume I'd have read about it by now
if others were seeing these. Could this be a conflict with some
package I've installed? Please let me know if there's any more
information I can provide.
Thanks!
Noah