[mythtv-users] Two questions regarding mythvideo

Daniel Frey djqfrey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 01:38:17 UTC 2010

I've been using mythtv + mythvideo for quite some time now.

First question: I noticed in an upgrade from .21 -> .22 that mythvideo
seems to process filenames differently. In 0.21, for the most part, I
had no issues when it would scan filenames - it would simply remove
stuff between brackets, such as []{}() so the filename would display
cleanly. In .22, that doesn't seem to work and mythvideo is guessing the
filenames wrong, putting almost random numbers in the season/episode
boxes and random stuff from the filename in the Subtitle box. I've tried
to edit the metadata so the filename would display correctly, but it
doesn't appear to work - the listing in the browse screen is incorrect,
but if you go to 'Edit Metadata' the changes show up (most of the
time...) Am I doing something wrong? There's got to be a couple hundred
if not more incorrect entries, so changing them will take an awfully
long time.

Second question is regarding the "Mark as Watched" option. I tried
setting this, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is it supposed to mark
stuff in the Browse screen in some way? It can be time consuming to go
through each file individually and look at the metadata to see if the
item is watched. Or is there an option I've missed?