[mythtv-users] shoutcast on stock mythbuntu recommendation

Andrew LaCroix andrew.lacroix at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 17 14:10:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Julian Cerruti <jcerruti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just finished "upgrading" my
> 6-year-old-and-gone-through-many-versions mythtv installation by installing
> mythbuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), which in turn brings mythtv 0.23.
> One thing I just discovered is that mythstream has apparently fallen out of
> support and maintenance.
> I was using mythstream simply to listen to internet radio stations, and
> that mainly by browsing Shoutcast stations.
> I saw a few posts about patching mythmusic to include an alpha version of
> mythmusic to support shotcast, and also some patches to get mythstream to
> work on mythtv 0.23.

There was a discussion on this topic, on the mythtv-users reflector a while
back:

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-March/284865.html

It looks like with the latest Mythstream code plus some patches they were
able to get Mythstream working with Myth 0.22.  I'm not sure what would
happen if you tried with 0.23 -- has anyone had success with this approach?

I'm also interested in getting Mythstream working again, the ability to
painlessly stream Internet radio was a very nice feature.

- Andrew