[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Aug 17 23:14:23 UTC 2010

    > Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:08:04 -0500
    > From: Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com>

    > To me this looks like another example of the network providing bad
    > information to Tribune (different title).  Not sure what can be
    > done to prevent that.  You simply care about it more than the
    > original network.

Ok.  Is it the case that SD might ask TMS to apply upstream pressure
to a network to stop providing bad data, or is there explicitly no
such upstream pressure?  (I thought you said there was, in particular
because you/SD got Comedy Central to be better about Daily/Colbert,
but maybe I misunderstood; if there isn't, I'll have to pester the
networks directly, something which has never [to my knowledge]
directly resulted in an improvement, which is why I occasionally
did so way back when and then gave it up as a waste of my time.)

P.S.  TMS policy:  If they ever air something with totally bogus
programid's (because they thought that an episode wasn't a repeat
when it actually was), will they -ever- reuse that programid on
the -correct- episode when -that- airs?  Or are they guaranteed
to always gensym a new one, even if that means that there will
be programid's in their database that are bogus because they are
spurious repeats of other episodes?

Thanks again...