[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 03:30:39 UTC 2010

On 8/17/2010 6:14 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:08:04 -0500
>     > From: Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com>
>
>     > To me this looks like another example of the network providing bad
>     > information to Tribune (different title).  Not sure what can be
>     > done to prevent that.  You simply care about it more than the
>     > original network.
>
> Ok.  Is it the case that SD might ask TMS to apply upstream pressure
> to a network to stop providing bad data, or is there explicitly no
> such upstream pressure?  (I thought you said there was, in particular
> because you/SD got Comedy Central to be better about Daily/Colbert,
> but maybe I misunderstood.
In cases where I believe upstream pressure would help and it's
important,  I'm willing to do it. The Daily Show problem effected lots
of people.  It is one of the highest rated shows on cable, and The Daily
Show web site had the info so it was available.

I don't think "Jungle: Canapyworld" or "Canopyworld" is in the same
class as TDS or is worth trying to get fixed.

Robert