[mythtv-users] Frontend cant connect to backend (packman 0.23)

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 18 13:04:13 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I did an update recently to the latest packman rpm's for all of the myth
packages. Things seemed to go very wrong after the update.
The first problems seemed like the configuration path changed and I had to
resetup things like tuners and appearance.

But the worst problem is that i cant connect to the backend even though it seems
to be running. Ive looked at the /var/log/mythbackend.log and there are no
obvious errors. Ive been over the IP and the ports are all defaults. Im stumped
whats going wrong.

Scott