[mythtv-users] Permission problem on /dev/video 0-3

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:02:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM, <mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net> wrote:
>
>> > You stick the command for the script in your rc.local?
>>
>> I have mine called in /etc/pm/sleep.d/00-fixMyth, which is called when the
>> system comes out of suspend.  I don't seem to have the problem on boot.
>>
>> > Just was at my dad's. A sleep 25 before restart fixed the problem,
>> probably
>> > could reduce it a bit to 20, but 10 was too soon, i jumped to 25, once
>> > frontend loaded 1 second later it said couldn't find backend, then that
>> > message went away, and the tuners were available.
>>
>> Glad you got it working.  My frontend gets started before the network is
>> fully up, too, and I always have to clear that message.
>>
>> > Supposedly upstart should be able to create a situation where it says
>> > "start the backend after the following modules have loaded" - but the
>> > mythbuntu engineers do not seem to be able to get it to work like
>> > that. (of course everyone has different "modules" that need to load
>> > first)
>>
>> The backend upstart job does have some dependencies but an update must
>> have changed something because your dad's and mine both worked before last
>> week.
>>

> I know.  Now i'm concered upgrading my backend/frotnends to 10.04.  Guess I
> won't for now, but when .24 goes stable I guess I will.  is there any idea
> what changed caused this?  And is anyone working on a fix?

John (or anyone else), have you updated to a new auto-build in the past few
days and has it fixed the problem?  I haven't upgraded my machines at home
because of this problem, and haven't been to my dad's to experiment either.
I was going to wait for .24 to hit before upgrading my machines to 10.04,
but if the problem has been fixed, I'll do it sooner.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell