[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

JWA jwa at macbidouille.com
Fri Aug 20 21:56:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 07:32, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Friday, August 20, 2010 08:20:10 am Marc Randolph wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Eric Sharkey
> <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> message forum,
> users care
> the mythtv

> vb/showthread.php?t=451107
>> >
>> > Great.  Another mixed bag of works-here-today,
>> > doesn't-work-here-today, with no one having a clue where it will
> work
>> > tomorrow.
>>
>> I'm really bummed.  The claim on that thread (and another, older
> one I
>> found) is that it is Time Warner policy to mark all channels except
>> locals as copy protected.  I interpret that to mean that all TW
>> customers, myself included, will not be able to make use of HDHR
>> Prime.
>
> Perhaps a complaint to CSPAN and the shopping channels might
> change such a blanket policy?

I have TimeWarner. Where I live the CSPANs, Government Channels, and
shopping channels are all considered "broadcast" channels and are
available via ClearQAM.  The channels that are marked copy once are 35
of the 40 of the basic cable channels (like ESPN, Discovery, TNT, TBS,
etc) and all of the digital only channels.