[mythtv-users] Is shutdown action of standalone frontend controllable?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 18:17:26 UTC 2010

I have set the shutdown action in mythwelcome to hibernate the system,
however if I select the shutdown option in the frontend instead of
exiting to mythwelcome and then shutting down, it does a straight
shutdown.

I haven't found anywhere to specify (change) what the frontend does
when its shutdown option in selected.  Did I miss it somewhere or do I
have to exit to mythwelcome in order to take advantage of hibernation?

Alternately, -- not my least favorite way to make this happen -- what
about renaming /sbin/shutdown to something like /sbin/shutdown.real
and putting a script of my own making in /sbin/shutdown to hibernate
the system?

TIA,

Craig.