[mythtv-users] the correct way to prefer a (i.e. digital) tuner

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Aug 22 18:36:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 14:31 -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:

> If I'm recalling correctly:
>
> Delete all your turners
> Add the digital turner.
> Then add your analog tuners.

Ahhh.  Right.  IIRC though, adding my digital tuner (which was last) was
a real PITA, figuring out what of the various combinations of qam to
scan and whatnot.  I burned more than a whole weekend on that.  I'd hate
to do that again.

There really ought to be a better way to prefer/re-order tuners than
deleting them all and re-adding them.  :-(

It seems that tuner priority is not causing my strange scheduling
conflict though.  I guess time for a new message to the list.

Cheers,
b.