[mythtv-users] myth 0.22 frontend hangs on dvb-t->dvb-s zap

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:08:30 UTC 2010

Hi

thanks for the help here recently on live tv configuration.

I have a Ubuntu 9.10, myth 0.22 backend with a TT-3200 DVB-S2 and a HVR 4000
DVB-S2/S/T card.
DVB-S and -T services in the EPG, all correct, 7-day EPG etc.
LiveTV configured to show all channels in mythfrontend.
Default channels is a DVB-S service.

On mythfrontend startup, DVB-S service plays.
I can zap fine between DVB-S services. The TT-3200 card is used for DVB-S in
this case.
I can zap from DVB-S -> DVB-T which uses the HVR-4000.
I can zap between DVB-T services also fine.

But on zapping from DVB-T back to a DVB-S service, the frontend hangs, every
time.
I have to kill it and restart.

Is this a known issue - I think when struggling with initial DVB-T setup and
V4L rebuilds I found some reference to a similar issue in the past, but of
course now I cannot find it again ... would it be worth trying a newer
version of myth?

Thanks
Liam