[mythtv-users] Fuppes, PS3MediaServer and NUV files

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:38:40 UTC 2010

> I don't think the question is whether a UPnP server can "play" a file, no such server plays anything, it just serves them
> up to a connected UPnP control point/renderer.
> Some will transcode on the fly to something your player can deal with, but the ultimate question is the capability of
> whatever you are trying to use to watch the files. If the player can play the file, then it should work with just about any
> server.

Well I'm confused now. I have read that XBox360 can't play MPEG2 files
- unless they're served up by a media server such as Windows Media
Centre or something similar (such as PS3MediaServer). So if the
playability rests with the XBox360 which can't play MPEG2 files, how
come it can play them if they come from a media server? Sorry if I'm
being dumb here, I'm just finding the information about playing MythTV
recordings on an XBox360 a little confusing!