[mythtv-users] Fuppes, PS3MediaServer and NUV files

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 14:06:54 UTC 2010

> The 360 can certainly play at least some MPEG2 files, it wouldn't be able to handle DVDs if it couldn't. The problem is
> "MPEG2" is not so much a "standard" as it is a blueprint for confusion, given the high number of variables the "standard"
> includes.
>
> It should be able to play any DVD-compliant MPEG2 files, no matter how they get to it.

I see. So if I don't transcode my DVB-T recordings I may be able to
watch them on my XBox360 by having PS3MediaServer serve them up to it.

Trouble is, I am transcoding my DVB-T recordings to NUV format (which
I understand is some sort of MPEG-4), so do you think there's no way
that's going to work? Has anyone got this working?