[mythtv-users] Is shutdown action of standalone frontend controllable?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:22:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:38 AM, Jason Chambers
<lists at purplish-monkey.com> wrote:

> No those settings are for controlling the backends.
>
> The settings I was referring to are in mythfrontend.  They are specific to
> each machine so if you have several frontends and they needed to do slightly
> different things you could configure it so.
>
> The exact path is "Utilities/Setup" -> "Setup" -> "General", and then its on
> the "Program Exit" page which is one of the last pages shown.
>
> On this page you could substitute the shutdown command so it runs the
> same command mythwelcome uses to hibernate. (Sorry, but I don't use
> mythwelcome so I've no idea exactly what checks/commands it runs)
>
> However if mythwelcome does lots of other useful things that you cannot
> replicate easily in a single command, you could just change the "Customise
> exit menu options" to "Show quit" so that the shutdown & reboot options are
> never shown in mythfrontend.  Then the user is forced to go back to
> mythwelcome giving you one consistent route to shutdown the machine.

Jason-

Just had a chance to follow up on your help.  We must be running
different versions of MythTV.

I'm running 0.23.20100314-1, AKA branches/release-0-23-fixes, or version 24158.

In my version, the page you identified has a pull-down to choose what
menu options to present the user and another to choose what the exit
key should be.  There is no entry field there for what command or
program to run to shut down the system.  The only one I've found is in
the mythtv-setup program, and I already pointed that at hibernate.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Craig.