[mythtv-users] US Pay-TV loses subscribers for the first time ever

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:31:54 UTC 2010

One can only hope that a few more quarters like this
http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-cable-subscribers-2010-8
will make companies like Comcast focus more on making customers happy
and less on locking customers into their own set top boxes.

For those of us who decided to vote with our wallets after Comcast
encrypted all but local channels... we're not alone, we do count, and
someone noticed!

-Ross

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-cable-subscribers-2010-8

"SNL Kagan, which tracks trends in the U.S. multichannel market --
cable, telcos, satellite, etc. -- says the market had its "worst
performance on record" in the second quarter of this year. Pay TV
subscribers hit 100.1 million in Q2, down from 100.4 million in Q1."