[mythtv-users] Is shutdown action ofstandalonefrontendcontrollable?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Aug 23 19:48:35 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: James Oltman
To: Discussion about MythTV
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 3:25 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Is shutdown action ofstandalonefrontendcontrollable?

>>I did some research and testing and find that "pmi action suspend" works out of the box, I hadn't though of overwriting a command,
>>an interesting idea.

>>One "General" option presented is to "Show quit, reboot and shutdown".  Maybe I can find the file where the reboot command is
>>specified, and edit / change this to become a standby command?

>How do you wake the machine from suspend?  Keyboard?  Remote control?

Awaken -  with WOL command from the router web interface over the wired LAN.  (I've also found that the USB mouse works pretty well
in some physical circumstances where a mouse can be used - click the left button turns the box back on.  While keyboards should also
work I've found them much less reliable than mice)  Shame there seems to be no such thing as an IR magic packet in BIOS terms.

Sleep - currently I vnc in for mouse control and choose standby as the remote does not "mouse" once mythtv is shut down.  Be nicer
if I could suspend/standby from myth, thinking about it, without even closing the FE software would be even better, so that it just
awakens back into myth....