[mythtv-users] US Pay-TV loses subscribers for the first time ever

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 23 20:10:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 14:04 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:

> Of course they will run up against the ISP's limits on downloads if they watch Netflix a lot.

Yup.  And the ISPs are... wait for it... also the cable-television
companies that are losing their pay-tv customers.

I am shocked, simply shocked I tell you, that cable-television providing
ISPs would try to limit the amount of Internet television programming
that people could watch without having to pay yet more money to their
cable-television, er, I mean, ISP.

Here, the limit is 60GB.  I think that is a *very* calculated limit that
allows most people to web-surf, check e-mail, facebook, even youtube,
but not dump their cable-television subscription because replacing it
with an Internet feed of the same programming would overrun the 60GB
Internet cap for most people, I'd bet.

b.