[mythtv-users] Not really a Myth question...

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Mon Aug 23 22:46:57 UTC 2010

  On 08/23/2010 03:29 PM, Paul Friedrichsmeyer wrote:
> How do I move those files back to their original location with their
> original file names?  Or am I screwed and I am going to have to move
> them manually or say to heck with it? :)

On my system, the file sizes are unique enough to use them as unique
identifiers.  So:

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg

select basename, filesize from recorded;

Should give you a list of the original filenames with their filesizes.
I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to find a way to automate
renaming the files back to their proper name based on the output of the
above command.