[mythtv-users] US Pay-TV loses subscribers for the first time ever

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Tue Aug 24 14:40:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:47:10PM -0400, Charles Wright wrote:

> If you call up Verizon to ask about FIOS, they won't tell you what the
> taxes are.  The taxes and fees on a triple play from Verizon are
> significantly higher than CableVision, but they claim they are "about
> what you pay now."

I call BS on this one.  My local cable company (COX) tried to use this line
on me when I asked about any specials for renewal of a contract.  The reality
(at least for me) was the taxes are a wash between the companies for my
services (tv, internet, phone).  Verizon had no problem telling me what my
bill would be - and infact it worked out slightly less than their initial
quotation.

The end result was I switched to Verizon FiOS because they did not BS me, or
try to denigrate the competition.  Then again, I didn't talk to their sales
droids until after I had all the info from their web site - and I ordered the
service from the web site.

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?