[mythtv-users] Superserver

Mark Hutchinson markhsa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 18:34:19 UTC 2010

Time for a whole new setup.

My goal is to reduce power consumption and # of computers.
I have one backend now and 4 frontends.

I am thinking I would like to use one superserver ( 8 cpu, lots of disk, and
8+gigs of RAM ), and try to reduce the # of computers.

Uses also include a NoMachine server for Family use.

I am thinking that I would like to use VMware or VirtualMachine but that
causes problems.
Does anyone have any ideas for how to combine some or all of this?

A frontend dedicated just for a Nvidia 210 forf HDMI for each TV seems
wastefull.  The MythBackend could also be a frontend, but that is only one
gone.

Any ideas from anyone or experiences on what might work?