[mythtv-users] Superserver

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:54:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Understood.  What have people on the forum had good luck with?  I would
>> like a recommendation if you can.
>> Dont worry, if it does not work, I wont hold you to it.  :)
>>

> I've had a very good experience with the Acer Aspire Revo 1600 I got a
> while back.   It was only $200, and plays the recordings from an HDHomeRun
> and HD-PVR without problems.  It is an Atom/ION machine.
>
> If you need more computing power, like for Flash, this won't do.

My 1600 plays HuluDesktop fine in flash.  Granted it's not the 480p HD
stream, it's the lower quality one.  But no skipping and CPU is only 85-90%,
not fully maxed when doing it.  My kids have been watching old cartoons
lately on it, that my wife and I grew up with (they're too young to make fun
of me yet).  I will say, it got much better with 10.1 rc3 I believe.  Before
that it could lag a second or 2 here and there.

>  -Jerry

Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell