[mythtv-users] Building My HTPC

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Aug 25 16:05:39 UTC 2010

On 08/25/2010 07:59 AM, Peter Triller wrote:
> Hi, I am building my own HTPC and I want to know if the following is
> possible with mythTV
>

> I have a case with a 7 inch touchscreen, so I would like it to do the
> following:
>
> As long as I am browsing through menus I want the menu to be the same on
> the touchscreen
> and the TV, so I can either navigate with my remote from the couch or by
> groping my touchscreen.
>
> Everything that does not involve playing a video should be possible by
> only using the Touchscreen.
>
> When a video of any sort is playing on the TV,the touchscreen should
> show some usefull info
> like time remaining, maybe a slider to scroll through the movie.
>

> Can this be done with existing plugins ?
>
> If not, can I write a plugin that does this ?

I'm not sure that you even need a plugin to do this.

I *think* that you might be able to do this using X and a large virtual
desktop setup in xorg. If you set up a wide virtual screen, and anchor
your touchscreen say to the left, then you might (???) be able to set up
the playback screen using the x and y offset settings in Myth -> Setup
-> Appearance -> Screen Settings (page 2) to force video playback onto
the screen space displayed by your TV (set up to be 'To the Right Of').

Haven't tried it. Only just thought of it as a result of some delving
into the nvidia man page recently and some fiddling with the offset
settings to make the mythtv screen fit properly onto my monitor.

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury