[mythtv-users] initial delay and need to select a recorded program twice

Kevin Robbins robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 22:09:05 UTC 2010

Hey all - I have a strange problem that I cant seem to get any insight on...
I'm running a Myth BE and 4 FE system using .21. I put it together roughly a
year ago.

Recently for no apparent reason all FE units have this really long delay
when I select PLAY on a recorded item or select LIVE TV.
About 80% of the time after roughly 10 seconds of black screen it goes back
to the recorded program list where if I select play again its instant and
works perfect as usual. The other 20% of the time it manages to play the
program after an excessively (10 seconds) long black screen delay.

Logs seem to show nothing...Anyone ever seen this or have some hints?