[mythtv-users] HVR4000 woes

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:49:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

tried all those various suggestions, but it still doesn't change anything
for me :-(

Switching from DVB-T to DVB-S locks up the frontend.

Investigation shows that the frontend appears to lockup because, actually,
it's the backend which crashes and restarts.

Backend log shows

*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/mythbackend: munmap_chunk(): invalid
pointer: 0xb5cb3020 ***

(or similar)

followed by a restart. This on attempting to start the DVB-S channel.

Ring any bells with anyone?

Ta
liam