[mythtv-users] Blu-ray playback in XBMC (Lifehacker)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 15:31:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:29 AM, <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I thought Mythtv  understood the Blu-ray file structure but did not
> understand commercial disks.  The link in the previous message was used for
> viewing commercial disks.  This, I believe, is new and a very exciting
> feature.

MythTV does not include decryption code.

It does, however, make use of external decryption libraries when the user
has them installed, just like DVD playback.  I am able to watch all of my
Blu-ray films straight from the disc, in Myth.  Granted, my discs are
slightly older and don't use BD+, but libbdplus is maturing as well.

Robert