[mythtv-users] OpenGL renderer with Intel graphics

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:51:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:47 PM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm having trouble using the opengl renderer with my intel graphics
> system (G33 hardware) and am canvassing for experiences or pointers before I
> break open a debugger.

Without knowing any more (I've have Myth working on Intel Graphics, but have
not used the GL video renderer with that hardware that I can recall) my
suspicions immediately fall on the Intel driver GL implementation, which is
notoriously poor.  For what it's worth, I do regularly use the GL renderer
on nVidia hardware with decent results.

Robert