[mythtv-users] Foxconn NVIDIA ION system and 2G ram stick at newegg

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 18:55:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Joe <jfwd at phlobus.net> wrote:

>>> FWIW, I've not had any lock-up problems with an Acer Aspire Revo 1600.
>>> at least.)  I've not had any crashes attributable to VDPAU...for that
>>> matter, I
>>> don't recall having any crashes with it at all.
>
> I'm suffering a bit of buyer's remorse at this point after reading
> this thread.  I jumped on the Newegg shell shocker last friday without
> really researching it much, as I was looking for a cheap frontend.
>
> It just arrived, but I haven't really unwrapped it yet to test it out.
>  Should I send it back?

I'm kind of in the same boat.  I saw it, posted it here, and before
getting feedback, pulled the trigger.

I think I'm going to keep mine, and I figure there are a few options:

I'm hoping that with Dan's help, NVIDIA will figure out what the
problem is, and be able to fix it in the driver, even if it is a bios
or hardware issue.

If that doesn't work out, I don't really need (or want) the wireless
for my application, so I might try out a crystalhd card.

One of the places I want a front-end is the office, which only has an
old TV.  I have a VGA to SVIDEO conveter that I could try to connect
to the TV.  I'm not sure if down-scaling HD to SD would work out with
this box or not.