[mythtv-users] mythweb no longer usable with older OS

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Aug 28 18:56:56 UTC 2010

Fedora 10 in my case. mythweb now refuses to run at all without PHP 5.3.
I used to just have to insert the get_called_class function each time I
upgraded, but now I get:

    datetime:  2010-08-28 12:49:16 (MDT)
    errornum:  256
  error type:  User Error
error string:  You must be running at least php 5.3 to use this program.
    filename:  /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/php_version_check.php
  error line:  19

Upgrading to PHP 5.3 will probably be at least as painful as upgrading
the entire OS (I will probably run into dependency hell), so for me,
mythweb is now broken until I can find the time to do a major project.

The older version of the mythweb scripts does not work with the newer
protocol, so this is a warning to anyone else running an older distro
for which a packaged version of PHP 5.3 is not available: if you svn up,
you will likely break your mythweb installation.

--Greg