[mythtv-users] MythTV keeps wanting to record the same episode

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 21:34:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>  On 08/28/2010 02:04 AM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
>>>
>>> If you disable the setting
>>>
>>> Re-record Watched
>>> If set, programs that have been marked as watched and are auto-expired
>>> will
>>> be re-recorded if they are shown again.
>>>
>>> then watched shows won't be re-recorded.
>>
>> I didn't know I had that setting checked.  Is that something that
>> applies to new rules as they are created (like the preference to make
>> recordings auto expire) or is it a setting that will apply tao all
>> current and new recording rules?  I'm not sure why some of my rules
>> seemed to work as expected, and some not. I've disabled it in the
>> settings, so I guess I'll see how things behave now.
>
> It applies to auto-expire, not to rules, so it will work globally.

So it gets marked when it is auto-expired, not when it would be
recorded again.  So by changing it, now, it will go ahead and record
things if they were previously watched, but auto-expired while the
setting was off.

So it will help in the future, but for a while, I'll still have the same issue.

Bill