[mythtv-users] Best way to watch recording remotely

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 23:30:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:53 AM, George Mari
<george_mythusers at mari1938.org> wrote:
> MythWeb allows you do this, except for the bit about skipping backwards.  As
> far as I can see, you can pause what is playing, but attempting to skip back
> results in it starting from the beginning.

Thanks George,

Yes, I have mythweb setup to play the recordings in the flash player
and it works fine, my backend seems powerful enough to do that
transcoding.  I just find the player a little unreliable
unfortunately.

I am going to keep looking around, even if I need to hack some scripts
that transcode the show in real-time to a file, which I make available
on my web server, which I then download in almost real-time and then
play in something like mplayer.

Not too sure which format would be best to transcode to though.
Obviously something that allows the file to be played before it is
fully downloaded yet is still reliable for seeking.

I will report back if I have any success.

Regards,
Whytey