[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Aug 30 16:42:05 UTC 2010

  On 8/30/2010 12:37, Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Chris Pinkham<cpinkham at bc2va.org>  wrote:
>> On Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 09:32:27AM -0400, Bryan Cromwell wrote:
>>> So I see Ceton has released their multi-tuner PC card for CableCARD
>>> finally.  Anyone have any insight as to what it might take to write Linux
>>> drivers?   If the cablecard is doing the decryption then shouldn't it just
>> Daniel Kristjansson is already working on this.  He has a card in-hand. (well
>> it's probably in one of his computers, but you get the idea)
>>
>> There is already support for the cablecard version of the HDHomeRun as well,
>> so we will be up to 2 supported devices once Daniel finishes his changes.
> That's awesome news, as well!  I may have to hold on to my budget for
> a CableCard tuner for a little longer.

Please understand the limitations of such a tuner card.  As MythTV will
likely never be licensed by CableLabs, all we will be able to capture is
that content which the tuner outputs unencrypted.  That means content
marked copy-freely.  This card will replace firewire capture off STBs,
but not analog capture.