[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV 4

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:43:55 UTC 2010

> Who's your cable provider?  And how do a I tell this?  I have TWC, and they
> only unencrypt straight through cable the OTA channels (cbs/fox/cw/etc.) but
> with a CableCard cabable device are you saying I could get basically
> everything but the premiums (ie get discovery/espn/etc which are given free
> if i rent a cable box)?  Just trying to understand all of this.

Every provider, and every area, is, unfortunately, unique.  Even TWC
is not the same everywhere (depending on acquisitions, etc.)

It is my understanding that TWC "policy" is to mark all content
"protected", with the exception of the "local channels", and that
includes espn/etc, and that only a DRM'd box (Tivo/Media Center)
is allowed to decrypt the rest.  Since MythTV is not approved, you
will probably not be able to get espn/etc.

Of course, your mileage will vary, and TWC may change
what they offer "copy freely" at any time in any market.

Gary