[mythtv-users] Unable to Fetch channels (on one source only)

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:51:40 UTC 2010

This is Mythbuntu 10.04 / .023
I'm having a problem in the MBE setup. In Input Connections the "Fetch
Channels from Listing Source" is not doing anything for one of my 2
lineups. The first lineup is OTA and the second is Dish. It works fine
for Dish and adds the channels. For OTA it just does nothing.
So I went to SchedulesDirect.org and deleted the OTA lineup and then
added it again and edited the available channels. Still can't Fetch the
channels for OTA. Is this a Schedules Direct problem?
The mythbackend.log is useless because the backend is not running. Is
there any logging enabled for backend setup?

I got into this mess when setting up a SBE (to be able to connect a
second HDPVR/Dish STB to the system) and read in the How-To that only
the MBE should have Video Sources defined. When I saw that I deleted all
Video Sources from the SBE and it actually deleted them from the MBE. So
I'm trying to put things back like they were.

Now considering restoring from a backup but not sure if that is the best
thing to do.

Anyone have any suggestions on a course of action here?

--
Jim Morton