[mythtv-users] Anyone out there got 0.23 working on OpenSUSE 11.3?

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:59:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've had my share of problems with mythtv.....some of them were to
blame on me for not reading the man pages correctly, but most of them
were about getting my display and remote to work with myth.

My experience with 0.22 and 0.23 on opensuse we're dissapointing, the
dvd player was no longer properly playing my discs, solved that by
replacing it with vlc again and again a pile of work to get the remote
to work with it.
Had to contact the vlc forums and devs to get two bugs ironed out but
they helped and now it workes great.

On the other hand with 0.22 a bug was introduced that might be fixed
in 0.24, this bug causes problems with cutists not being applied
properly which means during playback of a recording the cuts are made
at the wrong time which means you miss some off the programm and get
some commercial for it in return....this sux.

This makes me seriously consider dumping the 0.23 installation and
downgrading to 0.21

The one thing stopping me from this is the loss of my complete
recordings table and all the settings in myth :(
... it's been a real pain to get it where it is now....I'm not looking
forward to that again.

So I agree with you on the sticking to 0.21 part....sticking to
opensuse 11.0 .... I don't know you are becoming more and more
vulnerable to securitybugs since it's no longer maintained.

Cheers
Rob Verduijn