[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun PRIME

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 04:22:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> I don't think that'll be a problem, considering SiliconDust actually
>> uses Myth for their in-house testing.
>
> Wait....did I miss something in the last several months? I thought
> this was going to be Window7 only, with DRM applied to it. Did they
> actually get permission to provide the data openly for linux systems?

There are numerous discussions of this question in the list archives,
as well as two interviews given by myself that touched on it.  If the
channel is marked copy freely, it will be capturable in Myth.  What
this means specifically will vary from provider to provider and locale
to locale-- TWC customers will be mostly screwed, some Comcast
customers may be able to capture a large amount of their content.

It will mostly be a "try it and find out" proposition.  Hopefully SD
will also expand their online "what will I get" service to show what's
marked copy free.

Robert