[mythtv-users] mythvideo external player

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 05:31:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Shawn King <slackerlinux85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> there's also ticket http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9149 i get it on about
> 50pct of my videos i also got a sample that breaks playback of other videos
> but haven't had time to open a ticket yet

See the comments on the other ticket (thank you for pointing out the
dupe)-- these files are extremely badly encoded.  We'll attempt to
handle them, but you would be doing yourself a serious favor if you
didn't use exotic encoding options that are known to have issues with
hardware encoding.  Also, the workaround in #9307 will likely work
here as well.

Robert