[mythtv-users] Recording suddenly broke, WAF < 0

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Wed Dec 1 11:31:17 UTC 2010

dargllun skrev 2010-12-01 12:05:
> On 01.12.2010 11:37, Dave Badia wrote:
>> Low WAF is certainly a problem.  What type(s) of recording devices do
>> you use?  Have you tried a general reboot/power cycle of all devices
>> involved?  Every few months I have t power cycle my hdpvrs to fix some
>> recording failures.  Other recommends are to run with -v most to see
>> if any other details are given on the failure that's occurring and to
>> check dmesg for disk i/o errors.
>
> I have a Hauppauge Nova 500 DVB-T (PCI) card, and did reboot. No
> apparent errors in dmesg or, as I mentioned, in the mythbackend log. I
> even turned on full 'record' logging, no errors here either.

include sympathy.h

I have the same card and have had to power cycle the card when it,
without identifiable reason, have lost the ability to record after 6+
months of no issues. I would suggest that you power off the backend and
leave it off enough time for the card to completely reset (1 minute?); I
believe there is a firmware loaded at some point which we want to ensure
is reloaded completely.

Fredrik