[mythtv-users] 0.24 AVI/Xvid/Mp3 internal stuttered playback

Erik Umans erik.umans at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:52:22 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,

since a few days I use MythTV 0.24 daily builds and its internal player to
watch my movies (AVI/Xvid/Mp3). Before I used MythTV 0.23.

After the update to 0.24 some of my video files start to stutter while
playback with the internal player. Previously they played perfect.

All video files play perfect using mplayer, VLC media player, and on Windows
media player.

A solution is to repack the video files using 'mencoder -forceidx'.
But repacking my entire video collection is a lot of work.
Is there a better solution? Maybe a different setting.

Let me know if you need more information about my system.

Kind regards,

Erik.

My system:
  Mythbuntu 0.24 daily builds