[mythtv-users] hvr-1600 vs pvr-500 for capturing

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Wed Dec 1 15:26:26 UTC 2010

I thought I would ask this question in this list before deciding on my next box.
I have an hvr-1600 which I use for ATSC and I bought a couple of pvr-500 which I was going to use specifically for capturing.

I built a system and was testing analog input into the hvr-1600. The colors are dim, and there is a sort of pattern on top of the video image. I haven't spent a lot of time on that yet thinking I might be getting a new box today.

So what I was wondering, in order to know how many slots I'll need, is if there is a quality difference on the analog capture side between the Hauppauge hvr-1600 and the pvr-500? In other words, is one card better over the other?