[mythtv-users] Recording suddenly broke, WAF < 0

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Dec 1 15:43:54 UTC 2010

On 12/01/2010 08:33 AM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
> I don't use storage groups, but seem to remember someone else having a similar
> problem, it was down to the minimum free space per group not being updated
> correctly?
>
> Also, I would check (as this /has/ happened to me), that your database isn't in
> need of repair
>
> mysqlcheck -p -r<database name>
> (try mythconverg?)

Sounds like it is possible that your partition is full.
Run 'df -h' from a console and make sure that the /var partition is not
full.

Having a separate /var partition is good, in that the computer does not
crash when it can no longer write to that partition. But the computer
ceases to react properly in that case.

If you are running Fedora, then the mythconverg database is at
/var/lib/mysql. You will find that you have not set any recordings to be
recorded. If you are on Ubuntu, then mysql puts things somewhere else
and you may not get that error.

Because of this, on Fedora, you should put mysql somewhere else (such as
the /home partition) and symlink /var/lib/mysql to that place.

Having your recordings in /var is not particularly good choice under the
circumstances. Better to have your storage group point to a different
partition, and better yet, to a different drive. Back up your
mythconverg database to *that* drive (daily cron) and you can recover
your entire setup.

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury