[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun PRIME

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:08:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Preston Crow
> <pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net> wrote:
>> Or simply have an option to remove channels from a source if the Prime
>> says that they're not available to Myth in the setup.  (This is probably
>> more realistic.)
>
> This may be already implemented as part of the existing support for
> scanning for channels with the HDHR library and the ability to test
> for encrypted channels.
>
> Eric

The sad truth is, had this development occurred about a year ago, I
would have been really excited.  But after 12 months of living with
only broadcast networks + PBS digital channels, I've learned how to
adapt.  My main frontend is OS X, so no problem with Netflix and/or
flash streaming (comedycentral.com, nickelodeon.com, espn3.com, etc.).
 By denying my Mythtv setup these channels, Comcast has in effect
taught me how to get the content elsewhere.  By denying my Mythtv
setup access to premiums, Comcast has in effect taught me where I can
get episodes of Dexter, Entourage, etc.