[mythtv-users] Card 4 (type DVBInput) set to start on channel that doesn't exist

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 2 19:08:22 UTC 2010

On Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:02:10 pm mike at grounded.net wrote:
> I have both a HVR-4000 and HVR-1600 in the new box.
> I've added them into the Capture cards, Video sources and Input
> connection sections.
>
> When I try to exit, I keep getting the above error. Yet when I go to
> Input connections and try to Fetch channels from listings source,
> nothing happens. So, it seems I can't fix the channel start option
> and can't exit the GUI.
>
> Any thoughts on what I should be looking for?

"Fetch channels from listings source" takes a long time, if you are
expecting an immediate response of some sort, you are not going to get
it. Wait for some minutes before you decide that nothing is happening.

If you are using SD, make sure you have entered your credentials into
the blanks as well.

Patience is a virtue.