[mythtv-users] Metadata download playing up

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 03:43:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have a strange problem that I can not resolve. I run a split
frontend/backend system and I have a large collection of videos (not
recordings) that mythtv are serving through the video storage group feature
to my frontend. All the fanart/covers/metadata used to be available but for
some reason, it has all disappeared. This first happened in 0.23+fixes and
still exists after an upgrade (two nights ago) to 0.24. I am using the
avenard repo (release) for ubuntu Lucid and my theme is blue-abstract.

If I connect to the backend via mythweb, I see all the data and covers etc
and I can see the files in the directory from the command line on the
frontend and backend. The file path is the same on the frontend as the
backend (NFS mount from backend to frontend). Nothings stands out in the
frontend logfile from what I can tell. I can also see/read the files as the
user that mythfrontend runs as so I don't think it is permission related but
am happy to be proven wrong.

I can re-download metadata but it does not stay permanent and next time I go
into mythvideo, it is gone.

Any advice on what I should do to try and figure out where my issue is?

Cheers

Phil