[mythtv-users] Flash, VDPAU, MythNetVision and You

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 3 20:18:22 UTC 2010

On Dec 3, 2010, at 2:09 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> On 12/03/2010 11:10 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> I assume since only 32-bit versions are available that I'll need the
>>> 32-bit Nvidia libs on my 64-bit system?
>>

>> Yeah, I'd count on it. 64-bit browser can of course use the 32-bit
>> plugin by way of nspluginwrapper, but once you're in the 32-bit
>> plugin, everything it uses is going to need to be 32-bit too.
>>

> There IS a full 64 bit version for linux available. It appears to be one step behind the 32bit 10.2 version, as it is a 'pre-3' to the release, but like its predecessor it works.
> No install instructions. Untar and put the resulting libflashplayer in
>
> /usr/lib64/flash-plugin
>
> Restart your firefox browser. Enjoy.
>
> (It appears that putting the .so into /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins will also work.)
>
> Go here:  http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

For that version:
$ strings libflashplayer.so |grep -i vdpau
VDPAU

For the 32-bit 10.2 beta version:
$ strings libflashplayer.so |grep -i vdpau
H264 - VDPAU - CPU
H264 - VDPAU - VDPAU
libvdpau.so
libvdpau.so.1
GL_NV_vdpau_interop
glVDPAUInitNV
glVDPAUFiniNV
glVDPAUUnregisterSurfaceNV
glVDPAUSurfaceAccessNV
glVDPAUMapSurfacesNV
glVDPAUUnmapSurfacesNV
glVDPAURegisterOutputSurfaceNV

Going to go out on a limb here and say VDPAU support isn't actually there
in that 64-bit build, certainly not to the extent it is in the 32-bit
one anyway.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com